Pumpkins grow anywhere. Well, that’s my experience anyway. I cut them away – and they come back. And just keep on coming. Which is great – because pumpkins rock.
And so does this slice.
You can make this recipe as a slice or a loaf. I like the slice because it cooks more quickly. Get in my belly!
- 2 cups SR flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200g grated pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk chococlate chips (or dark)
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Grease and line a slice tin
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together – the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon
- In a smaller bowl whisk the wet ingredients together – the oil, the milk and the vanilla – until completely combined
- Add the grated pumpkin to the dry ingredients and mix through until the strands of pumpkin are coated with the flour mixture
- Add the choc chips
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients
- Gently mix with a wooden spoon till combined – do NOT overmix
- Pour into the slice tin, smoothing the top
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean